Monday, July 2, 2007

On Age Acceptance

G: Lined the other way, right into the glove of Helton, and Lo Duca retired, one away.

K: Well, this is a big hang-with-em, and there's a Golden Glover right there, in Todd Helton. I like his goatee, don't you?

G: He looks...very different.

K: That's a, that's a very, very mature, full goatee.

G: Well, we mentioned it when the Rockies were in New York, it's the Ken Caminiti look.

K: Yes, that's right!

G: Carlos Beltran takes ball one. You think he uses, uh...

K: I don't think he's old enough for Just For Men yet.

G: No?

K: Come on, no. Look at the, there's no gray in the sideburns.

G: But that's the thing, there's no gray at all.

K: Well...

G: "You know there's no play for..."

K: "For Mister", I forget the line! I should know that!

G: Come on!

K: That's Walt's line!

G: 2-0 to Beltran who's 0 for 2, and he takes the fastball for a strike. "There's no play, for Mister..."

K: "Mister Gray."

G: "Re-jected."

K: "Rejected." Yes I said...

G: You got a lot of money for that!

K: I...that's...the gift that keeps giving! I use it, you know I use it.

G: Big cut by Beltran.

K: I mean my mustache now is almost entirely gray, and before I started this trip, I used it.

G: Looks very nice by the way.

K: It does look nice. I mean you wouldn't know that I'm a 53-year old man, look at that, not an ounce of gray! I can still trick 'em!

G: And no wrinkles either!

K: Well...

No comments: